First Impressions to get started

Hi,
i never used a software in that works like that. For me the whole concept is a bit overwhelming. It would be cool if you could make an Interactive Guide that Explains all Components and lets you create them from Scratch based on an example (like the Premade one “Movies”)

Thanks for a Software i don’t quite understand but really like. I keep tinkering.

1 Like

Also i tried installing the Linux Version, but inserting the Recovery Keys wouldn’t work. Is that still WIP?

Hi @hof, thanks for sharing your first thoughts and issues on the forum :slight_smile:

Regarding your first point about a tuturial like introduction: I believe the team is working on that. You should have seen some basic hints on what to find where, but I think it is in the works to elaborate on this. I’m not a 100% sure whether this would be in app or video or web page-based.

Regarding your second point about the Linux version: That version should have all the same features as MacOS and Windows, so logging in with your passphrase should work just fine. If it is not, could you share the steps you take and the exact issue you run into (preferably with print screens) in a bug report? If I misunderand your issue, please provide some more details, too :slight_smile: .

I saved my Words in my Password Manager and copied them on my Work PC to log in. I will try again tomorrow to share the complete steps on Linux + my error Message.

Normally i skip Tutorials in Apps, but since i really find it hard to get along with the concept, an in-app interactive Tutorial would be best.

Thanks for your Response :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@hof check out Intro - Anytype Docs
Also have a peek at the help and tips built into the app, it’s the question mark at the bottom right, you can enable them to assist you while you’re exploring Anytype. There are also some templates which you can customize and get yourself familiar with how it all works. Here in the forums we have the “How To” section, maybe you’ll find some useful info in there and our community in generally is pretty willing to help out. As @sambouwer already mentioned, we are working hard on a lot more integrated content!

Okay, so i can give you a follow up on the Error i had:

The Login with my Secret words on my Main PC Works fine, but it doesn’t seem to sync:

On my Other PC i just Get the Error That the Account does not Exist in the GUI with the Following Error in the Terminal:

16:44:47.399 › Config: {
   "channel": "latest"
}
Config: {
   "channel": "latest"
}
[21911:0629/164447.580110:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(377)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
Channel:  latest
(node:21793) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: An object could not be cloned.
    at EventEmitter.t.ipcRendererInternal.send (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:85:328)
    at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/renderer_init:81:357)
(Use `anytype2 --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:21793) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
^C16:48:53.163 › before-quit
1 Like

Hi @hof We received your support email and sorry for your troubles. Could you please make a Bug Report of your last comment so we can aid you properly in our issue tracker? Thanks!