First Impressions: Amazing Potential

Hello Community!
First Impressions:
I first just want to state that I think AnyType is amazing and has great potential.

There are so many more things to discover and do.
So, first off, my experience So fare…

I felt like there has been a lot of care and thought put into this project. I need more time with it yet but one of my main concerns right away was

• how clean does this feel? -

I really want the AnyType to be a blank canvas as much as possible so that from a create stand point you have room to think/create but also I understand that when things are to clean or simple that it also can cause the opposite effect, especially for those who are looking for something to be ready to go! where they don’t have to think about building anything.

I think that is the key - finding a healthy balance between both of them. it will be different for everyone. never the same.
flexibility is key! It looks like that may be the case already, like I said, I need more time to play with AnyType!
Also, from my understanding, there is still alot of features that are not yet add so I cant say to much and until those are added.

Personally I really would like to see this list of things happen and also these are some big concerns I have in my mind.

• Messaging like Slack
  • Social Media
  • Website Builder
  • Advance storage management

• Messaging like Slack
    brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Having AnyType available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
    One unified platform for digital operations. Bring together your team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into one place.

• Social Media
    For years Facebook and others have dominated Social Media and I think its time for another revolution and innovation in Social Media -
    Just like Facebook, you can create your “Facebook Page” and make it publicly visible to the world by using AnyType to - create - host - manage your social media profile/page.
    Give the freedom back to the people to meet new people if they so desire to.
    also creating a high stream of Traffic for your self and those who want to fallow you.

• Website Builder
    A website builder allows you to create a website without coding experience. It’s a convenient solution for freelancers, small business owners or anyone who wants to put up a website quickly without investing too much time or money. These use a drag-and-drop interface that is intuitive to use and offers plenty of flexibility and customization.
    This again goes back to the blank canvas or template idea of AnyType. Also, I always Ask, why would I spend my time with AnyType? And there are many great reasons but I think this is adds more and why not? For all the things it already does, its so close to doing it already any ways.

• Advance storage management
    This has been really heavy on my heart!! Managing your storage is really important. I dont want to get stuck one day running out of storage weather is AnyType on my phone or desktop!
    Also I would like to sync/backup my AnyType to storage provider of my choice - online or offline.
    Also, depending on how many files and how big they are, I may not need all of them to be synced to all devices as well! I need help understanding how this is going to work!.

Side Note:
I really wanted to use AnyType to manage my files on my server - big video files and other media files but I would never want to sync them across all my devices because we are talking about hundreds of terabytes of video/audio/images files. maybe a link that references the file or something. I must be thinking more of a MAM like software but that’s the thing. I need a database like AnyType has so I can manage of of that! also the video/audio needs to be transcribe so I can search by keywords. These Video/Audio files are also related to the projects/task/everything ells in AnyType so that’s why I am still trying to figure out how this is going to all work together!

Those are my thoughts for now…
I am excited to see where we go from here!
Thank you AnyType Team for your hard work! keep it up! it will all pay off one day!

4 Likes

Here is an update on my experience.

It does feel a little confusing at times. its good but still confusing at times.
I am really trying to get the core concepts down so that everything ells will fall into place.

I am thinking that a side bare navigation may bring more clarity.
I think its because your switching between different views - if it was simplified then there would be less confusion.
i think thats where i am getting that from.

2 Likes

My points on some of your points, this is discussion after all :slight_smile:

1. Messaging like Slack

Well, while it might be usefull, AnyType should not create something new out of the box and reinvent the wheel. There is promising new solution that is adopted already by some governments, army and schools for communication - matrix.org. Its federated, the current Messenger is element.io and if something more messenger-like with less options is wanted then https://fluffychat.im/ might be the client to go. It has integrated threaded messaging like slack some days ago (still beta!) and has native 1:1 calls integrated. They are working on integrating groupcalls as well.

1. Social Media
    I see what you mean, but i personally don’t think thats the purpose of AnyType. Again, do not reinvent something thats already there. There are solutions like Mastodon out there and they are adopted quite good. But i think an integreation possibility for something like that could work.

2. Website Builder
    In my opinion AnyType is not the tool to do that. Plan on how to organize the development? Yes. Organize the development? Yes. Develop? No.

3. Advance storage management
    Don’t know what you mean with the first point. If your computer runs out of storage, you are out :smiley: But agree with the second part, something like a backup on the storage provider would be nice. And if it is your own self-hosted Nextcloud, for example.
    A choice to choose what should be backupped would be nice as well.

Thank You for your feed back!

1. Messaging like Slack
    yes, and i want to bring clarity. I do not believe anyone should reinvent the wheel! that would be counterproductive to progress. I believe you should always build on top of an established truth so you can take it further. Also, true creativity comes from first what you intake before you can give out and create something new.

Now i am not saying the messaging has to come from AnyType. If they setup an api or something as a integration from another app - i am all for that.
I was just thinking about this because of how much I use messaging and something like AnyType together from day to day. I thought it would make sense to have them together.
it would be great if we could integrate element.io into AnyType in some type of way.

• side note -
    thank you for telling me about matrix.org - i have been looking for something like this!! awesome stuff!
  1. Social media
    yes - i would not want AnyType to loose its focus. for sure i want them to fulfill the core-concepts of what AnyType should be. I just see that this kind of software and ideas are evolving and i want to share some of the things I do in AnyType with the world or friends - If i am going to spend a lot of time in AnyType building my life, then I would like to share some of those things with others! not just keep it all to my self, just like i am sharing information with you now!

2. Website Builder
    to be clear - i would not want AnyType by no means focused on being a “website Builder” I am just saying that since we are already collaborating with others publicly on AnyType for the world to see - why not make it look nice and have the ability to create that.
    If someone really wanted to build just a website then yes, find something ells.
    I am just saying this because with Notion.io you can make pages public as if it was a website.

4.Advance storage management
I was saying that, having all your data on each device you have AnyType on would not make sense if you have terabytes of data. After all AnyType stated that we will be able to have files of all kinds on AnyType - videos, photos, documents, est… so what if that is large amount of files that you have? how does AnyType hand all of that? Does it sync all those terabytes of data across all your devices? I guess I am not sure how this works yet.