First impression: syncing doesn't work well?

Really love the desktop app but I cannot get it to reliably sync with the iOS app. I imported ~50 pages from Notion (not many images), and a few of them made it to the mobile app over 24 hours but vast majority have not.

Only other thing that seems really strange is no keyboard shortcut to toggle a checkbox in the desktop app.

Love the overall mission here and excited to see improvements!

4 Likes

There were some server issues in the last week or so. Are you still having trouble with sync?

I currently am having trouble with it now. I’ve created several new things and none of them have made it to the mobile app.

1 Like

See if this topic matches your experience (or search to see if there is another one that does):

You can also try uninstall/reinstall and/or clearing cache.

If nothing helps and the existing topic is not the same, you can make a new bug report with details of your situation.

@nicksergeant @Bajaratt how has you syncing experience been lately? Is the original issue still there?

Unfortunately I cannot comment as I have switched to Reflect away from Anytype.

@nicksergeant thanks for replying anyway! I can imagine is has to do with the development stage Anytype is in, but are you willing to share what is/are the main drivers to switch to Reflect?

For me I think it’s just a simplicity thing. Anytype seems to have a lot of complexity built into it in order to support the many “types” and the idea of creating a canonical database for your life, whereas Reflect is just a note-taking app (with some additional nice features for meetings, people, books, etc.).

I just fired up Anytype again to try it out and it just feels cumbersome to create a few simple notes and link them together.

Also the sync is still not working for me:

2 Likes

Also the search doesn’t really seem to work well at all:

Thanls for sharing these insights! I agree that Anytype has a steeper learning curve because of its flexibility. You need to understand the structure of Blocks, Objects, Types, Relations and Templates first, or the notes you write will end up in a place where you cannot find it,especially if search is not great yet.

I hope that the following topic will gain enough traction to be implemented soon to lower the amount of friction when simply writing your content:

2 Likes

I think there are already existing topics for issues with:

Therefore, closing this topic for now.