Even if I upload music files with cover arts or metadata, Anytype isn't able to display the cover art or the metadata

Describe the bug
If I put a music file with cover art and metadata onto Anytype, it is not able to see the cover art or any metadata, but only shows the file name and its size.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Make a new empty page
  2. Drag a music file with cover art and metadata onto the page
  3. Only the name of the file is shown

Expected behavior
Anytype should be able to parse the cover art and the metadata in file and display it.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14
  • Anytype Version: e.g. 0.22.1

Additional context
I also have a set called Music that displays all of the music file objects in a grid. Even that does not show any of the details.

1 Like

Most meta data associated with files in general are not populated as relations of a file object yet. Only image type populates few additional relations such as dimensions etc. So I hope in the futute either the team populates all meta data of a file as relation or someone develops a plugin to do it.

As for the cover image, even the image type does not display itself as the cover in a grid view. There are feature requests in the forum for the same. But the best thing to do is to wait for local APIs so that you can create a wrapper type around the music type and use the API to automate updating meta data relations and also to upload the music cover art as the objects cover until the plugin / the feature makes its way to the project. Doing this manually without APIs would be a lot of work to maintain a music library in anytype in its current state

3 Likes

@drifty Thank you for your notice! We haven’t implemented this yet, but plan to do that in the future