Describe the bug
There is a difference in the UI when we reference an object with @ and /link. It seems that @ is missing a space (or the other way around /link has extra space). See attached picture for visual example:
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create an object and add an icon, here it’s a custom one
- Go in any other document/note where there is a text field
- Reference the previously created object with
- On the next line reference it again with /link and search for
- One should see a visual difference between the two lines in alignment
Both ways of referencing the object should result in the same behavior and alignment.
- OS: MacOS & iOS
- Device Manufacturer/Model: M1 Macbook & iPhone
- Anytype Version: e.g. 0.24 & 0.9.0
Linked objects with the “Action” layout type, are spaced differently depending on whether the @ linking shortcut or /link (Link to Object) is used:
- Create an object with the “Action” layout type
- Open another (or the same) object
- Create a text block and using the “Link to Object” command, select the object
- Create another text block and using @, select the object
- Notice the (slight) difference in spacing
For the spacing to remain the same (regardless of whether @ or the “Link to Object” command is used)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.19042)
Anytype Version 0.24.0
Thank you for reading, hope you have a great day!
Thanks for the report. I can confirm this behaviour on Linux.
Seems like it is not OS dependent as we have reports for MacOS, Windows and Linux. I also confirm that it repro on Mobile (iOS)
Still happening in 0.27.0
vertical alignment issue for mention was fixed.
link to still has slightly different design and I’m not sure that it should be the same.
I will highlight this to our designers but for now it is expected behaviour.
Not sure to understand why would this bug be closed.
This bug is about the difference between mention and links, not an issue purely with mentions. The fix is to unify the design or the concepts as it looks clunky the way it is.
Am I missing something with regards to what was fixed?
I stopped the auto close timer for now.