Desktop app keeps crashing

Hello, new here! I sent an email to dev@anytype.io but got no response, so I’m reposting here.

Describe the bug
I can’t seem to open the desktop app. While “logging in”, this pop-up shows up: “Anytype helper crashed. You will be directed to the crash log file. You can send it to Anytype developers: dev@anytype.io.” When I click ok, it opens a window with a new log file, then restarts Anytype showing me the same message again and creating another log file. This happens in a loop so I had to use the Task Manager to close the app.

I emailed the address mentioned above and sent a copy of one of the log files. (File not supported here in the community.)

I tried again the following day and the error message changed to: “A JavaScript error occurred in the main process.”

To Reproduce
No idea how to reproduce behavior, the app was working properly when I installed it the first time. Already tried reinstalling, same results.

Expected behavior

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Acer Aspire
  • Anytype Version: 0.26.1

Additional context

Hope someone can help me with this problem soon so I can start using the desktop version. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

For using the desktop version again, just go to the work directory as soon as you enter the app and then in the work directory, delete the data folder, and you would be good to go, theres a LOCK file in the data which got corrupted or something as such im not really usre, i faced the same error today, it doesnt matter if you reinstall the app, if you arent clearing up the data you have stored on your device, the apps not gonna ‘restart as bran new’, if you still facing problems, clear the whole work directory and im sure you would be able to log in again, the only problem is you migh lose some image files through sync as its kinda buggy as of now the nodes arent solid! and about the bug of crash, idk the fix but i have got the workaround to make anytype work again

1 Like