Custom relation covers are not loaded after a fresh sync

Describe the bug
I use a custom relation named thumbnail image for all of my sets instead of directly using the cover of a page. After a fresh sync ( either in a new device or after deleting the working directory ), the images added to this thumbnail image relation never gets loaded which results in empty covers in gallery view.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

  1. Create a set and use a custom relation as cover for the gallery view
  2. Assign images to the relation and ensure the gallery view displays them
  3. Backup your keychain phrase, delete the working directory and login again
  4. Check the gallery view

Expected behavior
If a gallery view uses a custom relation for the cover, the images in the relation should also be automatically downloaded / loaded when the gallery view is opened just like the page covers

System Information:

  • OS: Fedora
  • Anytype Version: 0.22.3

Additional context
The android app seems to properly load the images to the relations, but cannot confirm it yet since the app does not have gallery view yet. Will update the post once android app supports gallery view



This is what happens after a fresh sync unless I manually add the images to the relations again



As you can see in the above image, the image in the relation is not getting loaded by the desktop app even though it is available and can be seen in the android app



Adding it manually to the desktop app makes the cover visible in the gallery view, but as you can see, the android app now displays 2 entries of the same image since I added it again from the desktop app, while the desktop app still cannot recognize the previous entry and only displays the recently added one

1 Like

@lynxlove Thank you for your notice! It has been added to the bug tracker

I cannot reproduce this anymore ever since I started using anytype on windows. This might be related to the performance issue I was having with the linux app. Marking it as solved for now, will update based on future testing from the linux app