Ctrl+C / Copy only limited to 2-3 times until you "refresh" it

Describe the bug

COPYING (Ctrl+C) a text from indented block 2-3 times results in clipboard becoming empty. So when you paste a text after a 2nd or 3rd time of CTRL+C, no text comes out.

It doesn’t matter if you highlight a different indented text block to copy. It also appears empty when pasting in notepad.

That is, until you attempt to click on the title of a page, or a text block that is not indented, then you can copy-paste again (as if it “refreshes” it).

To Reproduce

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Indent a text block.
  2. Copy any text from indented blocks 2-3 times.
  3. Clipboard becomes empty.

How to Refresh:

If you leave and re-enter the page, you get 2 tries of working clipboard (reach the 3rd attempt, and clipboard empties again).

If you just click on the title, or a text block that is not indented (you can only have 1 try before the clipboard bug comes in).

Expected behavior

Like in the case of a non-indented block, users should be able to copy as much as they can without the clipboard becoming empty.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Acer Aspire VX5-591G
  • Anytype Version: 0.20.9

Additional context

If you just paste what you copy right ahead from an indented block, it just works fine and you can copy again. But for users like me who press Ctrl + C two times ( just to be sure we copied it), it’s a bit of a hassle to suddenly trip on a bug that clears your clipboard.

Same bug behavior also occurs when you copy Page Titles.

1 Like

Whoa! It looks like you finally found the cause of the erratic copy/paste behavior! I have the same habit about the repetition of the keyboard shortcuts, anyway thanks a lot for finding the exact cause, it was really hard to find.
:clap:t2:

So please Anytype staff, put this on top priority fix!

1 Like

This might be the place to add that I’ve noticed that sometimes the content inside a Toggle block “>” disappears when copying and pasting. It appears closed and when you open it, it’s empty.

Nope, each specific issue need to have it’s own thread, that way Dev’s will be able to more effectively manage the tracking and planning of requests.

So for your next own thread, please tell us what did you exactly copying:

1. The closed Toggle block
  2. A text block within the Toggle block
  3. A selected text inside the text block within the Toggle block
1 Like

@WhereisJ9 @AyneHancer Hi! Looks like it was fixed. Check in the newest version please.

2 Likes

Seems to work fine on my side, thanks :+1:t2:

1 Like