Creation of the first new object in a session takes a long time

The first object I create after reopening Anytype always has a good delay until showing up. Every further object I create, shows up faster. I believe the process that is responsible for creating new objects still sleeps obviously after reopening Anytype. Therefore, I believe it would be possible to do an easy fix here to improve the performance. In general, I just create one object at the time. So unfortunately it almost feels like I have this delay every time I create a new object.

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Whatever is responsible that the first new object after a restart (on Windows) has a delay should be fixed somehow.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

I don’t know anything about how to create an application, so in my words it would sound like: create a new object in the background and delete it afterwards, so the second new object has no delay anymore.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

It would be a huge deal to not experience this delay every time. It would definitely save a lot of time.

SYSTEM INFORMATIONS
Windows 11 Anytype Version 0.28.17-beta

1 Like

Hey, in the template for bug reports should be section for info about your system. Those are very important information. Please always add them to your reports.

2 Likes

I used a feature request template first thats why i had forgotten it… its added now : )

3 Likes

It’s the same on Linux.

1 Like

This issue has been added to our issue tracker and was received by the Development Team.

1 Like

And macOS

1 Like

This issue has been added to our issue tracker and was received by the Development Team.

What is triage?

Was changed from “new” to “triage” to match the devs already exisiting tags.
“Triage” topics are the topics that are ready to be checked by devs.

1 Like

Oh alright thanks!