Create object with “+” doesn’t use default template

WHAT IS THE BUG

When I create a object with the “+” on the bottom menu, this object doesn’t use the template defined as “default”

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1- Create your own type (like a custom Note)
2- Add specific relation
3- Create a beautiful template :smiley:
4- Define your beautiful template as default
5- Profile → Preference → Default object type : “custom Note”
6- Create a object with “+” on the bottom toolbar
→ it create a “Custom Note” but with the empty template, not the default one.

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

Use my “beautiful template”

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

[If further context, people, or related Bug Reports need to be mentioned, do so right here.]

and

→ No change in current version :slightly_frowning_face:

SYSTEM INFORMATION

• Device:
    PC Windows 10
  • Anytype Version:
    v.0.35.2

This logic is being reworked right now.

5 Likes

Same here, +1
v0.35.2 desktop, v0.25.7 Android

Having templates created according to my preferences, when creating a new object:

• On Android: the blank preset is shown, with a toast about there being additional templates available (including the one set to default) - additional user actions required. What should happen: the default template appears, with a toast in case the user wants to use a different one this time
  • On desktop: a window appears offering a choice between all the templates, rendering the default option pointless anyway! - no user actions saved. What should happen: no window appears, the object is simply created with the user-defined default template, and a toast appears (or something equivalent) in case the user wants to use a different one.

My understanding is that the above changes or similar are being worked on; adding my voice regardless :innocent:

Same problem in AppImage v0.35.2. Default template is not accessed when I create a new object using the + button in the bottom toolbar or selecting + New object within a set or other object.

Agreed, this is on the top of my wishlist for Anytype as well!

1 Like

@ModTeam one more for cemetary, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like