Client-side email integration

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
The proposal is for client-side email integration such as emailjs.com integration so that users can supply their own credentials and SMTP provider and integrate email into Anytype

Describe the solution you’d like
Client-side email service credentials and inegrations with things like:

1. Linking a date type column in an object with a trigger (i.e. due date triggers an email)
  2. Using an object as an email template
  3. “Send this note via email” option to send the note to someone outside the Anytype ecosystem.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Nil

Additional context
Nil

1 Like

While I would really like a good cross platform mail client, programing and maintaining it with all its quirks of mail and its security would take a lot of development resources.
I think this is more a thing for a plugin.
I would still like it a lot. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m also testing Skiff https://www.skiff.com/mail which seems similiar to Anytype, using E2E encyryption, IPFS, open-source etc with the advantage of email and tables.

I
Skiff isn‘t offline-first though but looks nice

1 Like

That’s an important point - I completely missed that. I guess I assumed IPFS was always offline-first.

Anyway on the email side, it’s promising to see mail clients being created using web3 and hopefully that can be incorporated into Anytype, either in core or via a plugin so emails can be linked to objects.