Clarify settings menus

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Right now, it’s very confusing trying to find the right option. Clicking the space icon provides space settings, but clicking your profile picture brings up more, different settings. For clarity, I think these two settings pages should be set apart more clearly.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

First of all, I think that the space icon and name in the upper left should get a little gear settings icon. I think clicking it should open a page that clearly says "space name SPACE SETTINGS. This should have either toggles for settings categories, or a structure similar to Obsidian where the setting name is on the left, and the field is on the right.

Clicking the profile picture should open a similarly titled options page, which should have the same style of toggles or left-right division for options as the space settings. It currently has a list on the left of categories, which also works - this should just be uniform across both settings pages. Also, this is just a pet peeve, but the “log out” option’s icon doesn’t really fit the rest of the UI

REAL WORLD USE CASES

This would just be nice for a clear division of options, and give support for adding more whenever it is necessary.

Yes! :+1:
I have only two votes left, that’s why I spare them.

The developers should do here a good cleanup, because it would spare especially the newbies a lot of frustration.

Thank you for bringing it up!

Is this FR not what you’re looking for?

1 Like

It’s different… that’s more about the organization, not the naming/etc. I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we combined them though.

2 Likes

Related to the following feature request: location of setting menu.

1 Like