Can't Delete pre-installed Objects from New Space

WHAT IS THE BUG
Some of the per-installed objects don’t get deleted permanently

SYSTEM INFORMATION

win32 x64 10.0.19045
  • Anytype Version:
    v.0.36.0

Hey @EriOldMan,
Please follow the template when creating bug reports as it is giving us important information.

How can this be reproduced? How did you create the space that those objects where in?

I thought it was intuitive. Apologies.

There you go:

WHAT IS THE BUG

Some of the pre-installed objects don’t get deleted permanently.

HOW TO REPRODUCE IT

1. Create a second space
  2. Choose Empty as the template
  3. In new space delete “In Progress”, “To Do”, “pre-installed” and “Done” sets
  4. Go to the Bin and try to delete them permanently

THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR

They must get deleted permanently

SYSTEM INFORMATION

• win32 x64 10.0.19045
  • Anytype Version:
    • v.0.36.0

I just created the “Empty Space” and the sets I see are:

And I’m able to delete all of them:

Could you make a video of your full process?

My bad. Their actual type is “Relation Option” which is not even listed in the library.

@EriOldMan
Thank you for the video. I don’t think this is a bug.
This “Creation date” is a Relation of all the Objects listed there. If your delete the “Diary Entry” object type you will see that it’s being removed from the list you see when opening “Creation Date”. You can’t delete those for some of the prebuilt stuff because the linked object types can’t be deleted by you. That’s the reason here I think.
Therefore I would think that this is not a bug but you would like to delete all of the prebuild stuff. Though I think that being able to delete meta data relations like “creation date” and similar is not a good idea as they bring basic functions to Anytype.

You completely misunderstood what’s going on. I don’t want to delete “Creation Date”. I used that to access all objects in the new space. The problem is that there is a type called “Relation Option” which is not even listed in the library. When you try to “permanently” delete pre-installed objects with that type, they reappear in the bin which is definitely a bug!

Thank you for the clarification :+1:

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

Experienced this as well. Error is the following:
Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 07.50.20