I’m unable to check for available updates in the desktop app:
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Click on Anytype in Menubar
- Click on “Check for Updates”
- OS: macOS 11.4
- Device 13in MacBook Pro 2019 (i7)
- Version: 0.18.15
@theproducer I am not certain but I think this is network-related (possibly DNS).
- What other devices do you use Anytype on and are they on the same network?
- Are you able to check for updates and use Anytype normally on other device(s)?
- Sorry if this is an obvious question, but have you checked to make sure Anytype has network access outside of your local network on the Mac?
@theproducer, @Oshyan is right, you maybe had a problem with your internet connection. Do you have this problem now?
Hello! Sorry for the delayed response.
At the same time that the problem happened, I completed setting up a new home network based around the UDM Pro:
I had some network malware / content filters enabled, and that seemed to block wherever Anytype was reaching out to for updates.
I can’t give you any details about what exactly was blocked since the UDM settings for content filters were pretty opaque, so I don’t know what it was doing exactly.