Cannot add object in version 0.24.0 Mac OS

In Anytype v 0.24.0 desktop Mac OS I cannot add any objects via any means. It seems bricked somehow. I have v 0.21.5 on a MacBook Pro and that works fine. Should I delete cache in v 0.24.0 and reinstall, hoping that all data will be retained on my laptop and then safely synced?

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open Anytype
  2. Click on ‘add new object’
  3. Nothing happens
  4. Try adding object via Library type > choose type > create > choose template
  5. Nothing happens.
  6. Try adding object via set. Open set > click on + New
  7. Nothing happens

Expected behavior
A new object would be created.

System Information:

• iMac Pro 2017 10 core
  • Anytype Version: 0.24.0

I have reported this on the Telegram desktop testers group, told to wait till next public release. Can I safely delete Anytype from my iMac, reinstall and then sync data back from my laptop? I really need to get back to using Anytype on the iMac quickly, otherwise look for alternatives till a later release. Thanks.

Hi @alzibaba, your objects and their content should be synced to the backup node automatically, so it should be safe to delete the cache and reinstall to see whether that resolves your issue.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to see whether all objects on your iMac Pro are synced to the backup node. You can only check this on an per object basis. There is a request to show the global sync status on the dashboard to make this easier to check:

Hi @sambouwer, thanks very much, I’ll give it a go. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, so I deleted cache, logged out, uninstalled Anytype, rebooted and reinstalled, but the problem persisted. Re-deleting cache, logging out, uninstalling and trashing the application support files and logs + reinstalling has now worked :sweat_smile: All is once again working as normal.

1 Like