Can we backup Anytype by backing up anytype folder?

I was wondering, if something was to happen to the sync and everything I own gets deleted, but I saved the anytype2 folder, can I restore my stuff?

2 Likes

This ought to be backed up by synching to the central node allowing you to access your content using your pass phrase independently of the original installation. That being the native mechanism would be less likely to be subject to corruption, but does require network access.

1 Like

Yes, but you must not use it simultaneously on more than one computer, it can crash data

1 Like

It would depend how recently you had made a backup following the event you describe, because we sometimes have to change our data structure and our encrypted backup node ensures that your data will adapt to the latest versions of Anytype.
You can make incremental backups of your anytype2 folder at the end of everyday, but you should give the folder a different name and store it in a separate location. After an event like you’ve described, in which you’d like to supplement Anytype with your backup version, you should change the name back to anytype2 and replace the folder in it’s original directory.

2 Likes