Bugs with editing text or blocks with inline links to objects

What’s The Bug?

There are several issues that relate to deleting text or blocks with inline links (@-style) to objects:

1. Unable to delete (via delete button) all the text in a block if it starts with an inline link to an object (This issue is specifically by triple clicking on text within the block to highlight all text in the block. One still can delete all text within the block if you manually highlight)

2. When deleting an inline link to an object that is in the middle of a block, the cursor position does not correctly adjust to where the text was deleted. The cursor remains statically where the inline link to the object was

3. When deleting one inline link to an object that is in the middle of a block and contains another inline linked object, the second inline linked object becomes unlinked

4. Clicking the delete button before/in front of an inline linked object deletes the object

5. Attempting to cut or copy an inline linked object when a block starts with that inline linked object fails

How To Reproduce It

Bug #1

1. Create a block of text that starts with an inline link
  2. Triple click on any text that is not the inline link
  3. Click delete button

Bugs #2 and #3

1. Create a block of text that contains at least two inline links
  2. Click delete button when cursor is immediately after the first inline link

Bug #4

1. Create a block of text that contains an inline link
  2. Click delete button when cursor is immediately before the inline linked object

Bug #5

1. Create a block of text that starts an inline link
  2. Highlight only the inline linked object in the block
  3. Use CMD+X or CMD+C to cut or copy the inline linked object
  4. Attempt to paste that inline linked object

Image or Video

The Expected Behavior

1. When triple clicking to highlight, then clicking the delete button, the block of text should be deleted, with the cursor being moved to the beginning of that now-empty block

2. When deleting an inline link to an object that is in the middle of a block, the cursor’s position should be adjusted and not remain in the same, static, place

3. When deleting one inline link to an object that is in the middle of a block and contains another inline linked object, the second inline object, and any additional inline linked objects, should not be deleted

4. When clicking the delete button with the cursor immediately before an inline linked object, the space or whatever is before an inline linked object should be deleted, not the inline linked object

5. When using keyboard shortcuts to copy or paste an inline object that is at the beginning of a block, that should be able to be in the user’s clipboard and be able to be copied or pasted

Additional Context

Please let me know if I need to file separate bug reports for these. I assumed that since they are all somewhat related, it would be okay for me to group them together.

I also use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, which you’ll notice that in the screen recordings. I hope saying this eliminates any possible confusion from some of the editor behaviors.

Device

Macbook Air M2 2022

OS

Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)

Anytype Version

Version: 0.38.0

Technical Information

OS version: darwin arm64 14.2.1
App version: 0.38.0
Build number: build on 2024-01-23 17:45:05 +0000 UTC at #c71c64146c6e721ac39e01d450f38db5e6963f2e
Library version: v0.30.12
Anytype Identity: A7NKJThv3PxQdy4p11emUyhvjEh7rxPCXq2iup2Kb4tWhW3n
Analytics ID: A9FwjZbSqB7esWk5h2y3inwoFK8GZBJuTKZFSN7XFVVPMThe
Device ID: 12D3KooWGxZG3BooFEBMvmZYAgV5U4BdkBawLYGdXq2CzY3utvR9

This report has been added to our issue tracker and received by the Development Team.

1 Like

I experience the same bugs on macOS 14.3.1 and especially #2 and #3 are very annoying :see_no_evil: