Pages exported as PDF can be affected by a variety of bugs, such as:
- Visible text cursor and image icons (download and resize options);
- Invisible or incorrectly displayed cover (happens due to repositioning);
- Excessive blank space on top of the page when using a main emoji and no cover;
- Small text size when using an image as a cover;
- Renaming files during export prevents them of being automatically addressed as .pdf.
I noticed that details such as the page having a cover image or not and being locked or unlocked are important in this matter, they affect the results.
- Go to any page
- Click on the three dots (upper right corner)
- Click on Export
- Export it as PDF
I did many tests using two versions of Anytype (0.34.3 / 0.34.4-alpha) and created many PDFs. Here are some examples:
I expect more consistent PDF files.
However, I don’t know if all of these can be fixed by Anytype team. Perhaps a part of it doesn’t even count as bug and it’s related to the PDF format itself, but I honestly have no idea. If that’s the case, I apologize.
Before making this topic, I searched for a bug report similar to mine and found this one: PDF Export Bug. However, it is tagged as Bug Cemetery and marked as Implemented. Well, I’m facing issues.
- Anytype Version:
v.0.34.3 / 0.34.4-alpha