Brief Update about Upcoming Release Schedule

Anytype Release Schedule for Oct. & Nov :maple_leaf:

Mobile Platforms

• Android 0.12.0 & iOS 0.19.0 will be shipped via the usual monthly schedule, end of Oct.
  • This release will include support of iOS 16 features and bug fixes.

Desktop Platforms

• We’re delaying shipment of desktop until the following release cycle to complete Relations Restructuring, which will feature Relations as an Object and other big improvements :tada:
    :rocket: Desktop V.0.30.0 will be shipped end of Nov.
  • Testing of Inline Sets will commence with our @Nightly_Types in the coming weeks.

Full release notes will be announced on the day of shipment as per standard.

Thanks for your attention and enjoy your weekend!

24 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @Angelo! Will the November release be the last release of the year, with a fresh release at the end of January 2023?

4 Likes

THIS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank You For the Update Angelo and Team! Excited to see these updates when they come out!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update but I’m a little confused. In real terms what would having ‘relations as objects’ allow us to do?

5 Likes

I think it would allow us to delete relations and other default types as suggested in How soon will we be able to delete all default types and relations?

4 Likes

Delete, modify… basically manage relations just like we do objects. Right now we can’t do anything but create them. Amazing :heart:

4 Likes

Yes, basically this is a must-have feature. Now it gets cluttered rather fast since you can’t delete anything and it’s an always-filling garbage bin of a relation and type collection space.

2 Likes

Thought we were supposed to get an update on the 27th

You mean for mobile apps? Sorry, there’s a few days lag, will arrive not later than the 31st. Desktop update comes end of Nov. I will update the post if anything changes :pray:

3 Likes

Are inline sets planned to be part of the Nov release?

1 Like

I do not think so, they are working but we need to do LOTS of optimisations and polishing before we can release it. Maybe they will be open for internal community testing.

4 Likes

No android update today

2 Likes

Will the November release be the last release of this year?

2 Likes

I would expect so, but I would love to see an early Christmas present in the form of another Anytype release :). A late Christmas present early January would be terrible, though :wink:

4 Likes

It’s in review by Google Play, which takes some hours. It will be available on our website tomorrow as well.

2 Likes

Updated

2 Likes

Can we get a confirmation from the team that the November release will allow us to delete the pre-created types and relations?

Yes, we have planned it at least. As for the last release - I think there would be a December release too as well, if everything goes as planned.

9 Likes