Blocks aren't modular

Describe the bug

I’m unable to move the blocks to be side by side. When I click and drag the (text) block and hover it over the indicator, I let it go and it just pops back into its previous spot.

In the invitation email, where it says:

I had originally downloaded the first link that’s attached to the ‘here’. But after finding this bug I downloaded the other link to see if I would get a different version somehow. And I did, it seems the second link downloads the 0.16.4.0 version of AnyType. In that version the blocks are modular. Then I went and checked for updates in the ‘AnyType’ tab and it re-downloaded the 0.16.7.0 version where the blocks are no longer modular.

Desktop (please complete the following information):

• Device: HP Pavilion
  • Version: 0.16.7.0

Additional context
INVALIDUPLOAD 1a70b5b6-e5dd-4a1d-949a-274361cea1d2 is missing from database—anytype-2020-11-20-16-30-25-trim.mp4

3 Likes

Describe the bug

There is more to this bug, it’s not just about horizontal layout. In the current version, you cannot move any blocks at all.

To Reproduce

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create/open a page.
    1. Create multiple blocks.
    1. Try to drag and drop any block.
    1. It will not move.

Expected behavior

When you drag&drop a block, you expect it to actually move.

Desktop

• Version: 0.16.7
3 Likes

Yep, there’s another thread about this too. I’d consider this a serious issue and hope for a quick fix outside of their typical release cadence. @endac

@Oshyan @bluatruli @BGray we fixed this in 0.16.8. Thank you!

2 Likes