Describe the bug
When an external keyboard is connected on iPadOS or the floating keyboard is enabled, it’s not possible to change a selection of the text’s background or foreground text color, as the selection box is cut off towards the bottom.
Without an external keyboard connected, the feature works as expected; the color selection box goes to the onscreen keyboard.
It’s worth mentioning that it is possible to change the colors of an entire block (but not a granular selection) by long-pressing on an entire block and selecting “Style”. However, this makes certain use cases impossible, such as highlighting a text selection as the whole block is changed.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Connect an external keyboard, or pinch in on the full-size iPad keyboard to enable the floating keyboard.
- Open an Object Canvas, and select some text.
- Try to use the color wheel at the bottom-right corner of the text editing bar to change the color of the selected text.
- The bug should occur; the color selection box is cut off.
I expected the color selection box to be visible, even if a non-fullscreen keyboard is in use. Perhaps, the position of the color selection box can be changed from below the full size keyboard to above it to avoid issues like this.
- OS: iPadOS 16 Beta (although this occurred on release versions before)
- Device Manufacturer/Model: iPad Pro 11’, 3rd generation
- Anytype Version: e.g. 0.15.0 (69)