WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
It would be great if we could automate certain actions inside Anytype, and possibly outside of it later, like we can do using Zapier etc.
REAL WORLD USE CASES
There are maaaaaaaaany possible uses cases for something like this.
- Notifications could be implemented using this system
- An RSS plugin could use this system to create an article whenever a feed is updated
- Users could create automations themselves for stuff like emails. Forwarding emails or tagging / putting them in a certain folder could be done with this.
Some apps like ClickUp and Notion have some automations integrated inside the app already.
Lab Notes - Automations
Connected - Lab Notes - Services
this reminds me of the obsidian plugin “quickadd”
it can be quite difficult to use though, so a user friendly integration into anytype would be great
It’s somewhat similar, but should, at least in theory, be a lot more powerful.
Thank you for the great suggestion!
We are excited to launch an ecosystem around Anytype and are working hard to make it happen. This year, we plan to open an API so developers can build integrations with external data sources and services. We’ll also introduce a store within Anytype, so developers can distribute their integrations and users can easily find and install them. Plus, the store will offer best practices on how to use Anytype in various domains.
Your ideas and real-world use cases are essential, and we look forward to collaborating with the community as we continue to develop.
- Support webhooks; both inbound and outbound.
- Support events; it should be possible to call outbound webhooks based on changes, deletions, and additions to objects .
(see Airtable for a good dose of this architecture)
Wow, that sounds amazing😍 I want to learn how to program software and also play around with making anytype extensions as i gain experience. Is there anything you would recommend me to learn to program for anytype once i have a hang on the basics?
Airtable’s API seems a bit tidier than Notion’s.
Will our Anytype API be similar to one of them?
If there is something to test, I’m happy to participate.
I think it can be considered to record like a macro, but it is necessary to design a sufficient feedback mechanism so that users can customize it at will.