Auto increment type, index column

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
I would love to have a number column with auto increment for each view (similar to the index column in excel). And another specific index type for objects with the same type. For the index type, there should be default value for the offset between object and ability to modify that offset. It would be great if I could customize the format of the index type too (prefix, suffix…). Below are some of my scenarios.

1. Normal number indexing: in the object’s set view, click on “New” => a new object is created with default index (if previous object is “001” then this would be “002”)
  2. Custom format with number indexing: in the object’s set view, click on “New” => a new object is created with default index (if previous object is “UC-01” then this would be “UC-02”)
  3. Date auto increment: in the object’s set view, click on “New” => a new object is created with default date increase by predefined offset (e.g. 10 minutes, 1 hour, 2 days…), another specific case is creating a new “sprint” object and date range are automatically set base on previous sprint

Describe the solution you’d like
The default auto number column in set view should be easy since it’s just for better visualizing, tracking the list
About the custom index type, I think we can identify the order of object based on creation date, no need to re-index when some objects got deleted

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Additional context

2 Likes