Appearance of pages Text/Card

Describe the bug
When I create a page via /page, then I can switch the appearance of the page in the mother-document between “text” and “card”. I like the card style, so I wanted to have them everywhere. But when I use @add title here to add a new object and define it as “page”, I cant switch the appearance in the mother-document.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
When I create a page via /page, then I can switch the appearance of the page in the mother-document between “text” and “card”. I like the card style, so I wanted to have them everywhere. But when I use @add title here to add a new object and define it as “page”, I cant switch the appearance in the mother-document

Expected behavior
Having the option to chose the appearance between card and text, regardless if I created the object via /page or @add-title-here

System Information:

• Win10, Anytype 0.25
  • macOS, Anytype 0.25
    Bug occurs everytime.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @migranim, thanks for taking the time to submit a bug report! There is a difference between the two ways of referencing another object. The / menu creates a new block on the canvas. The block will occupy the full width of the canvas, so it is not possible to add any content before or after the reference within the same block, as the reference is the only content of the block.

The @ reference in contrast is an inline reference and does allow text or other content to be placed before or after the reference.

I hope I understood your request correctly! If so, I’m curious whether there are more users that would like to see an inline card instead of a link. I personally don’t see the user of an inline card, but that should notimit others to do so :wink:

Hey there! Thx for replying that fast! :slight_smile: Alright, I thought so, that it might have smth. to do with the different approaches of adding the pages, but I didnt know about the backbround. Thanks for claryfying. :smile:

Incline Cards wouldnt make any sense. :smiley:

1 Like

@migranim great! Shall I mark this bug report as resolved? If you feel the current functionality does not meet your requirements, you can always ask for changes/improvements in a feature request.

Yes, my issue is resolved. :slight_smile: Thanks again.

1 Like