Anytype status update fall 2020

Hello there,

Thank you all for your kindness and continued patience. I want to update you all on what we’ve been up to these last few months.

With release 0.15, we brought Anytype to Linux. This means Anytype now runs across macOS, Linux and Windows. We now have 75 regular users in our alpha program.

Here are our current plans:

Anytype for Android:

We are actively developing fully-native mobile experiences of Anytype for both Android and iOS. Android development is further along than iOS currently. We have just invited our first 10 Android users into the alpha program. We will soon open the alpha program to more users for more feedback.

Databases:

Right now, Anytype does not have any support for databases. Databases, data views, and templates — we believe — are all features which are critically needed before we can release the product to a wider audience. Rest assured, we are working around the clock to bring these to Anytype.

Anytype Public Beta:

We want to build the best tool for organising your thoughts. And right now, that tool isn’t there. Without databases or multiple data views, we cannot support the incredible variety of ways in which people expect to organise their thoughts.

Right now, Anytype isn’t feature-complete. We’re working hard to close those gaps right now, and we thank you for your patience. We’re still targeting Q4’20 for the public beta and we will continue to provide development updates on our Telegram channel and here.

We have over 10,000 users in our waiting list. More than 300 developers have signed on to build custom objects and templates on Anytype. We can’t wait to delight each and every one of you.

If you haven’t already, we would highly suggest joining our list [Anytype Early Access](Anytype Early Access (Public Beta)) and letting us know what your workflow is like. [Anytype More Information](Anytype alpha program)

Thanks again for your support!

Is there an updated estimate for Beta release?

(Sorry for commenting on such an old post, but this is the only place I found mentioning Beta here)

I remember reading somewhere that they want to get collaboration in the app before the beta.