Anytype Is slow, primarily in Linux

@Flip As was performant before the sets was introduced like in version 0.18.58, I think. @lynxlove was the most abnormal I heard.

3 or four releases back the app was made better but it became sluggish.

Describe the bug
There is lot of lag between typing document name and going to the body part

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open Anytype
  2. Press the "Add new Object " button.
  3. Type a really long document name
  4. Press enter and see if cursor immediately goes to the body part

Expected behavior
There shouldn’t be any lag between typing the document name, pressing enter and going to the body part

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Dell 7577 Inspiron
  • Anytype Version: 0.23.5

Additional context

2 Likes

I tested it again by closing all apps now (apart from the recording app ) but again there is lot of lag

While the complete heading is loading in the top bar … I am continously pressing enter to go to body field but the cursor doesn’t move

Could you please write me to telegram if this still happens and some specifics of your configuration? This is definitely hardware issue from my point of view, we need to take a more detailed look into this.

I bought a new macbook pro and things have been smooth so far on the mac app. I’ll check the state of anytype on my old laptop and will get back to you if it still has the slowness issue. It might be hardware based, but since it always worked snappier on windows and even on linux demo mode, I think it still has something to do with the software or one of its dependencies on linux

I experience the same issue, creating or deleting an object (like a line in a checklist) takes about 5 seconds, both on Windows laptop and Android phone. I didn’t have this issue before (back on v 0.6 on Android) but at some point after that, suddenly the issue appeared on both of my devices.

1 Like