Happy December, Anytypers! To celebrate a great year, we’re happy to announce one final release to cap off 2023. With that, we wish you a very happy festive season and a great start to 2024.
Here’s what’s in store:
- Backlinks v1: Now live!
Backlinks and forward links have been implemented as relations on all platforms, and can be found in the relations panel of any object.
By default, if an object already has backlinks, the backlinks will be displayed as a featured relation, indicating the number of backlinks and - when clicked the linked objects. If an object has no backlinks, the relation will not be featured, but can be located in your relations panel.
- Object Creation from Widget
It’s now possible to create new objects directly from the widgets you’ve added to your homsecreen. Slide left to reveal the new widget + button. Any objects created in this manner will automatically be added to the widget you’ve selected.
- Configurable Network Settings
Configurable settings for self-hosting and local-only mode for your data have been introduced on all platforms! To change your sync settings, log out of your account and tap the settings wheel in the top right of the window. There, you’ll see options to choose Self-hosting or Local-only.
- Redesigned Navigation Panel
The navigation panel has been redesigned for a sleeker experience in line with SwiftUI standards. A back button has been added to the navigation panel, meanwhile the search button is only visible from the homescreen, and replaced with a widget (homescreen) button in object view.
- Set & Collection creation now supported in Editor
By using the /set or /collection commands, you can create a new set or collection from mobile.
- Grouping added to Recently Edited / Recently Opened Widgets
For easier navigation, when opening Recently Edited or Recently Opened widgets, your objects will be grouped according to ‘Today’, ‘Yesterday’, ‘Previous 7 days’ and ‘Older’.
- Sharing Extension Contextual Tips Implemented
For users creating bookmarks or sharing links in the app, we’ve implemented some tips that indicate how to install the iOS sharing extension for easier copying of web content to Anytype.
- Redesigned App Update Popup
For outdated versions of the app, we’ve redesigned the popup prompt to remind users to update versions.
- Fixed: Sharing extension button now works more smoothly and does not automatically open Anytype app
- Fixed: Opened .jpg files no longer reupload as larger .jpeg files (Thanks, Phoebus!)
- Fixed: Profile image no longer is distorted after upload