After a crash (for unknown reasons, computer was in sleep mode), Anytype believes there is another instance of Anytype running and produces an error message at startup. It says “Closing…” but does not close any other process that may be running. There is no obvious signs another process is running to the average user.
Investigating, I found that a renderer helper process was running in the background and needed to be force-quit. (Seems it did not stop running since the program crashed).
(with a quick search I did not find this issue reported)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- A crash may be necessary, or some sort of unexpected quit
- Attempt to open Anytype
- Anytype will close itself…
- Activity monitor may indicate a background process is still running
Perhaps Anytype could attempt to determine whether an actual usable process is open, and force-close the background process if not.
- OS: Mac OS X Monterey (ver. 12.1)
- Device Manufacturer/Model: Apple iMac (M1 Chip, 2021)
- Anytype Version: 0.23.5