Anytype Appimage integration missing icon

Describe the bug
When using AppImageLauncher to integrate the Anytype Appimage, no icon image is present in the application menu shortcut.

Screenshot_20220121_153607

However, the icon appears normally when the program is running in the taskbar.

Screenshot_20220121_154136

System Information:

• Anytype Version: 0.23.5
2 Likes

Yeah, todoist shows properly.

The issue is not completely described. What actually happens is that the icon is of size 512x512 and it’s placed in the wrong location. I have an aliased command to fix that on every update, but I’d like it to be fixed naturally too.

mv ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/0x0/apps/appimagekit_*_anytype2.png ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/512x512/apps

@lynxlove this seems to be the problem. @Vova A quick fix to get this closed would be nice

1 Like

Can I set AppImage’s icon on linux platforms · Issue #3599 · electron-userland/electron-builder (github.com)

Do you have appimaged installed?

I was able to get the program icon in the KDE task manager using https://github.com/probonopd/go-appimage (I think) and pinning it to the task manager from the application launcher menu shortcut, but found another issue. It seems that each launch of Anytype creates a differently named .mount_Anytypxxxx folder in the /tmp/ directory, and so clicking the icon in the task manager creates a 2nd one for the currently opened session because it’s pointing to that new folder. This is on the latest OpenSUSE Tumbleweed. @Srinath

Screenshot_20220306_160922

Screenshot_20220306_160922 2

Try setting the StartupWMClass attribute of the desktop file to anytype2