Anytype Android app isn't working at all

Describe the bug
Anytype app doesn’t open at all. Says “Failed to launch wallet after retry”

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Open app
  2. See an error on loading page

Expected behavior
I expect the app to load and function as normal.

System Information:

• Device Manufacturer/Model: Xiaomi Redmi 9A
  • Anytype Version: 0.6.1

Additional context
I’ve been using Anytype for 11 days and this is the 2nd time something similar is happening :confused:

I remember having a similar issue before.
Mine happened because I forgot to uninstall/delete the old version before I install the apk.
Take it with a grain of salt though, been days since I personally encountered that error.

Did you install from an apk file or from the Play Store?

I installed from the apk file on their site. Should I delete and reinstall from the Play Store?

Last time this happened, I cleared all app data and signed in again. I did it this time and it resolved the issue but it’s only a temporary fix and it’ll definitely happen again

The Anytype app should be the same for both methods of installation, but I’m curious whether this is indeed the case, or whether there is something is going wrong with the apk installation. Are you willing to give the play store version a try to see if the issue is also happening there?

I’ll try that when I have access to wifi and get back to you. Hopefully it’ll be better

1 Like

@excel hey! Have you solved the problem?

I haven’t used the app for some days so I just checked it out. It doesn’t show “Failed to launch wallet after retry” anymore but now it just refuses to open.

Hey @excel, are you still having problems with the android app?

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.