Happy December, Anytypers! To celebrate a great year, we’re happy to announce one final release to cap off 2023. With that, we wish you a very happy festive season and a great start to 2024.
Backlinks and forward links have been implemented as relations on all platforms, and can be found in the relations panel of any object.
By default, if an object already has backlinks, the backlinks will be displayed as a featured relation, indicating the number of backlinks and - when clicked the linked objects. If an object has no backlinks, the relation will not be featured, but can be located in your relations panel.
Configurable settings for self-hosting and local-only mode for your data have been introduced on all platforms! To change your sync settings, navigate to your Anytype App Settings > Additional Settings for the App > Network Mode, and select your preferred option.
V1 of sharing extension has been introduced with this release, permitting you to share text or URL content directly to Anytype. Text can be saved as either new Note objects or text blocks within an existing object. URLs meanwhile, can be saved as new Bookmark objects or text blocks within an existing object. You’ll be prompted to select the target space and object when using the sharing extension.
When long-pressing the Anytype app icon, you’ll notice that your shortcuts menu now shows options for creating object types: Note, Task, and Page.
When long-pressing the plus button in the navigation panel, you’ll now see an option
Any object can now be transformed into a widget simply by clicking the three-dots menu and selecting the first option: Create Widget.
For easier navigability, we’ve given a makeover to the type-select menu for changing object types for new or existing objects.
We’ve adjusted the text and sequence of the onboarding flow to make it simpler for users creating new Anytype accounts on mobile, with an emphasis on the Recovery Phrase.
The navigation menu for switching spaces is now visible even from the editor, so you no longer need to return to your homescreen in order to switch spaces.
- Fixed: It’s now possible to reload bookmark source
- Fixed: Objects with system layout are no longer displayed in sets
- Fixed: Back navigation in onboarding flow now works when rapidly pressing back-button twice
- Fixed: Object limit for widgets with tree layout has been removed
- Fixed: Emojifier no longer causes crashes
- Fixed: Opening video files no longer causes crashes
- Fixed: Main settings screen now scrollable on very small devices
- Fixed: Default template now being applied consistently
- Recovery phrase screen during onboarding flow has been colorized
- When adding a link block in the editor, ‘Link’ has been renamed to ‘Add link’ for better understanding
Happy organizing and creating!
The Anytype Team