Android app startup error

Once in a while, whenever I open the app, this is the blank screen , and shows error “Could not load profile, config is not initialised”

Version: 0.8.2
Android version: 12L

4 Likes

I also experience this sometimes. For me the (easy) fix is to force close the app and restart. @eugene what is the best way to get logs for devs?

2 Likes

yes after restarting the app it works no problem, but just wanted to report the bug

@Ishaan Hi! Thank you, report is added to bugs tracker

Hey Sam! In this case, we have our logs thanks to Crashlytics. We plan to fix this issue very soon.
@Ishaan, thanks for reporting. do you have this error when you return to the already opened app?

4 Likes

Yes. this never shows up when its not in ram, but when its in ram and i ret to switch back to it after sometime, sometimes this blank screen shows up!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce this issue, neither our QA team. Could you elaborate a little bit more:

what screen do you see before putting Anytype in RAM? Is it always dashboard? Or the same is reproduced when you open an object in Anytype, then put Anytype in RAM, then resuming?

it prolly is one of my objects opened when i exit anytype ( still in ram), i never go back to the home screen once i start using anytype after startup, so ya the latter you mentioned is the case

2 Likes

Will be fixed in release ~ 29.08.22

1 Like

@Ishaan, good news: we were able to reproduce it. And this issue is most probably resolved by a fix made in 0.9.0.

2 Likes

I’m marking this one as Solved for now, but I won’t close the topic yet (will happen automatically in 12 days). @Ishaan could you let us know whether you experience(d) the issue since the update to 0.9.0?

1 Like