An Inbox for quick capture

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

Once web clipping and share sheet functions are available, it would be extremely useful to have a default location into which clippings/shared content is captured. This would support a workflow in which content can be captured quickly and easily, and then sorted, tagged and generally organised when time permits.

This is a common workflow for both notes and tasks.

While I’d expect AT clipper/share features to include the ability to determine the destination of captured content, there’s a real workflow benefit in being able to just grab it and move on.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Two possibilities:

• Anytype includes a default collection called Inbox into which content goes automatically
  • There’s a user option to define a default collection for this purpose

I assume it has to be a collection, since captured content might be of different types.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

I commonly want to capture content on the fly - web pages or sections of web pages, email content etc.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

A common method (e.g. Craft, Notion) is to ask for a destination as part of the share process, but this introduces friction, especially with large databases. Other apps, such as Roam, Logseq, capture to the journal page by default - and, if AT were to implement journal pages, that might be an option.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

This is different from this request which also talks about an Inbox, but for a very different purpose

Just started working on this recently :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Mind readers! :grinning: