Allow to set default page preview settings

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

In Account Settings > Prefrences, adding a page that allows you to change the prefrences for a “link to object”. For example, it should always be a card preview, it should always has a medium size icon, it should always be “X” colour, etc.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

In Accounts>Prefrences adding a page that has all the same settings that you get when you right click to edit a linked object.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

The most annoying and repetitive thing I have to do is to edit every single damn link to oject I create, EVERY TIME. I use the same three settings always which is card style, medium icon and description preview. If there was a setting that made this default it would make the process so much less annoying.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Another thing that can be considered but is a little too convoluted is taking the stlye of the first object linked in each page. However this can quickly become messy when multiple styles are involved. I still think the proposed solution is the best.

Good idea !

Agree, with the default preview settings it’s so hard to tell a page “reference” from just a simple text block, when looking at a page

And to add insult to injury, if you add a link to a page via command, the default is to preview the icon.

1 Like

Agreed, there is no clear visual way to determine if a piece of text is actually an object, unless you change one of the preview options, every time for each object on page.