Allow linking of objects of types Template, Type and Relation

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

I would like to be able to link Templates, Types and Relations in editor blocks.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Show Templates, Types and Relations in search when creating a link with @ and creating links on selected text.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

I have a huge amount of objects in the app and use it for a lot of thing. I write some kind of documentation for templates/types/relation for myself and how I want to use them because I sometimes forget why I created one or another type or relation. When I write this I want to be able to link templates/types/relation I’m writing about in different objects.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

Right now I have to manually create duplicates for objects of these types. For example, I have an object that describes my task management system and there I have a link to manually created “Task” object that represents the “Task” type.

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

Related to this this feature request.

2 Likes

Hi @dzshch pleasure to hear you want use Anytype at this degree of structure. We already have this possibility but it is disabled because for the new users it can be a lot of mess and misunderstanding on what is happening. Maybe we can add a toggle in a settings for this to work. What do you think. We will return to this request after public release :tulip:

1 Like

I think the setting is a good idea. It can be a part of the search settings, because you can’t link what you can’t find. By default you can disable search of some “technical” types and show a hint about that.

1 Like

Seconded. I was sure I was able to link to a Template directly previously, and not being able to do it is quite frustrating.

This would significantly improve my workflow, as I need to edit templates after creation frequently.

Got my vote to turn on that functionality option for sure.