WHAT IS THE BUG
Adding multiple entries into Tag relation type loses focus on the tag field (which would allow adding more entries) when adding the first entry for the first time (focus is not lost when the relation has already been modified in the past such as clearing the relation entirely and adding some first entry again, even after killing and running the application again).
Seems to only happen when adding the entries Tag relation types embedded into an object text area.
HOW TO REPRODUCE IT
- Embed any Tag relation type into any object.
- Click on the field for the Tag relation type to add the first entry for the first time.
- Add any entry by typing and pressing Tab, Enter, or by clicking on the entry using the foldable entry picker.
- Lose focus of the Tag relation type entry field.
- Realize that you cannot add more entries by simply searching for the name of some entry unless you explicitly click on the entry field again.
Both Tag and Context are relations of type Tag. First I try using mouse, then I try using keyboard and pressing Enter, works similarly with Tab.
After the first entry is added for the first time, keyboard cursor loses focus on the entry field and one cannot start writing another text to choose next entry.
THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
Keep focus on the entry field after adding the first entry, similarly to how this works when adding entries to Tag relation types from the object Relations popup window, or from set grid view having a Tag relation type as a set column.
That is, being able to type
entry1, press enter (or tab) and continue typing
entry2 and pressing enter again.
Doesn’t happen anywhere else except for the embedded Tag relation type relations.
ArcoLinux, Linux Kernel 6.6.4-arch1-1, Wayland
- Anytype Version:
v0.36.5-alpha (bug present in earlier versions as well, even in 0.35.x), installed as AppImage
Build number: build on 2023-12-04 14:49:51 +0000 UTC from at #d07850980bea4d1d484a648f44010eb7f4a326a7(v0.30.0-rc1)
Library version: v0.30.0-rc1
I can provide Account ID, Analytics ID, and Device ID if necessary in a private conversation.