Add multi-select to sets

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

At the moment you cannot change the relations of multiples objects at the same time.

Describe the solution you’d like

Make it so that you can multi-select objects in set view and then if you modify a relation it does so for all of them

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

Maybe add a menu button to do this once the objects are selected ?

Additional context

This would be helpful if for exemple you add a relation later on to a type and don’t want to add it manually a hundred times.

13 Likes

I just added the comment here: https://community.anytype.io/t/-/1659

However, I think it better belongs to this feature request.

I just recognized something really cool. I have a Set of Tasks. These tasks have the standard relationships. Then in the Sets view I added a new column with the relationship Progress and I added some progress values to the tasks (all in the Sets view). As a result all tasks got the new relationship Progress. You might know this already but for me this is new and really nice. Basically I can bulk-add relationships now :wink:

1 Like

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.

I made the mistake of importing my Notion months ago before sets and am now stuck with thousands of pages set as Drafts. I now have to painstaking go one by one and archive pages that are not relevant or imported wrong. I was a little too enthusiastic about switching :laughing:

Describe the solution you’d like

In the sets view, I would like the option to multi-select objects and move to archive or delete permanently.

I think this would be valuable to people in the future when they have thousands of objects in their system. this is a drawback of Notion, where you have to empty your trash one page at a time. Sometimes I want to bulk delete because I have migrated that work elsewhere or don’t need it anymore.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered

I am going one by one.

Another option is to wait for the feature to delete all objects in your space, but that would delete stuff I DO want.

Additional context

maybe use the same button design as in object selection

Obligatory terrible mockup:

5 Likes

Multi-select is partially available in the latest Desktop release of Anytype (0.25.4). You can use Shift-click or Ctrl-click to select multiple Objects in the Set one-by-one. There does not seem to be any “Select all” option, but you can use Shift-click-drag or Ctrl-click-drag to select multiple Objects in one go.