Ability to change date format used

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
Dates seem to be displayed as “[month] [day number] [year]”, e.g. “Nov 04, 2021”. And when using the date picker it’s displayed as “11.04.2021”. This format is hard to get used to, since it:

1. Is not used in my (and a lot of other) countries
  2. Does not “sort” logically, the same way as “YYYY-MM-DD” does.

Describe the solution you’d like
I would like to be able to set the date format to “YYYY-MM-DD”, according to ISO 8601. A nice bonus would be to be able to use variables to set up custom date formats - but at least add “YYYY-MM-DD”

10 Likes

Hi @forsgren, thanks for sharing your suggestion for improving Anytype! I found a similar topics:

In that topic I suggested to allow Anytype to follow the host/system’s locale to be followed in the format for displaying dates and times, but your suggestion could be an extension of that to allow any format to be selected.

1 Like

+1, for me the best way to do this is to follow the host/system’s locale first and then add the option to change the date format: if possible on a per-relation basis (like notion) or otherwise just from the settings for the whole app.

1 Like

I will put this on in the backlog, hopefully will be done alongside general editor updates

2 Likes