A "source" or "used in object" relation

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

There are many useful sets to create in Anytype, like the file set, image set, bookmark set, etc.

It would be awesome to have a relation in these set views (or any set view) that can automaticly show where this file/image/bookmark/object is being linked or used.

For example I have an image called “Gaming-Banner.jpeg”, used as the banner in the Object “Gaming” and used as an image in the Object “Testing Page”.

Then in the Image Set I see “Gaming-Banner.jpeg”, there you can add this “Used in” releation to the table. This relation automaticly fills with “Gaming” and “Testing Page”. All clickable ofcourse.

Kinda a relation that does what this button does, but then being able to show/insert it into a table/object like any other relation.

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

See above. This will be a relation that can’t be editted manually.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

This would will give you an overview of files/images/objects and where they are being used (or not). Makes it also easy to remove files you no longer use or need. But this doesn’t work in special sets like file/image sets.

RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVES

The alternative is making a manual relation where you link object by hand. But this is a very time consuming alternative with lots or room for errors!

ADDITIONAL CONTEXT

None.

Same as?:

1 Like

Yes, it is the same indeed. Thanks.

I honestly thought I searched well enough hehe.

No worries! Very often I fail to find things in this forum using search. :stuck_out_tongue:

Closed topic as duplicate as pointed out by @qualquertipo (thanks!)

1 Like