2FA codes inside Anytype

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

A way to store 2FA codes inside an object in Anytype

HOW COULD IT BE DONE

Inside the Anytype editor there could be an option to store a 2FA code by manually entering the secret key or by scanning a QR code or both.

REAL WORLD USE CASES

Those who use two/multi factor authentication, they can store their codes inside Anytype and avoid switching to another app for that functionality.

hey, @milindpadia ! :thinking:
Can you kindly provide more details about this use case? Are you using Anytype to store passwords?

1 Like

A way to store TOTP in Anytype. For that, in the editor menu there could be an option that asks for a secret key of your TOTP which becomes a way store your 2FA codes inside Anytype. Later, an object can be created that stores all your 2FA codes.

I am not storing passwords in Anytype but if there was a way to store them too, then that would be cherry on top.

Hope I made my point clear.

1 Like

Hi, I second this feature.

This is probaly the only feature that is stopping me from dropping Standard Notes complete: they have a “note type” that functions as an authenticator tool. So via upload of QR code or providing seed phrases, the authentication codes for 2FA are in a single page for all my accounts.

I think it’s relatively simple, but incredibly useful.

1 Like